Let’s discuss hair hygiene! When it comes to dreadlock maintenance, one of the most frequently asked questions is about how to wash them. Some of the most common questions regarding locked hair are related to how to clean them.
Yes, many individuals who are considering getting dreadlocks or have them already don’t realize how often you should wash your locs. Or what kind of shampoo to use. Or if it’s OK to wash new dreadlocks. What to do if your dreads have residue or build up. But we’ll clear everything up in this article. All of your questions about how to cleanse your dreadlocks have been answered!
There is a lot of misinformation floating around that dreadlocks don’t have to be washed as often as unlocked hair must. That’s incorrect! It’s critical that you maintain your dreadlocks and your scalp clean in order for your locs to develop properly.
Clean hair locks faster and better than dirty hair. So here’s another reason to keep your mane squeaky clean!
Let’s answer some FAQs we know you have on how to wash dreadlocks!
How to wash dreadlocks
- Wet your dreadlocks and scalp very well.
- In a small bowl, combine a little bit of shampoo and work it into your hair. If necessary, add more as you go. Because dreadlock shampoos are composed of natural chemicals, they won’t produce much lather. But don’t worry! They still perform!
- When you’ve produced enough lather, start massaging your scalp all over using your fingertips. Be gentle but thorough.
- RINSE WITH A LARGE AMOUNT OF WATER. Allow the shampoo to run through the hair without you having to touch it too much. This is especially beneficial if you have recently acquired new locs that are still soft and sensitive. It won’t ruin all of the hard work you or your hairstylist has done to your dreadlocks.
- If you have mature dreads, give them a good ‘milking.’ This will help clean them well enough.
- Shampoo once more. This time, allow the shampoo to sit on your scalp for a few minutes so that the components may do their job. Rinse thoroughly. After you’ve finished, you’ll be able to tell how clean your scalp is. If necessary, wash your hair again if it still seems dirty after washing it three times with G’finity Tech + Damage Repair Shampoo Nourishing Hair Treatment repair and nourish damaged hair and make them feel alive -> Shampoo one last time